Louisa Robinson was born in Orangeburg, South Carolina in the early
1920's. She attended Claflin College, and received her BA in English
from South Carolina State in 1942. Mrs. Robinson continued her education
at Atlanta University, finishing with a BS in Library Science in 1943.
She earned her MLS from the University of Michigan in 1951, where she
met and married Harold Robinson. Mrs. Robinson served as an assistant
cataloger at Atlanta University from 1943-44, and as an assistant librarian
at Allen University from 1944-46, and as a librarian from 1946-52. While
attaining her Master's degree from the University of Michigan, Mrs.
Robinson served as the librarian for George Washington Carver School
from 1952-53. Mrs. Robinson went to work for Claflin College where she
served as Library Director and a Librarian from 1955 until her retirement
Back to Speaking of History